If you have decided to go to university in the United States, you might have to take the TOEFL. The TOEFL is the official English language exam for most, if not all, international students who are planning to study in the United States.
Here are 6 essential speaking tips that will help you succeed:
- Time yourself! It is essential to keep your timing when doing the speaking task.
- Get familiarized with the tasks. This part of the exam has 6 different tasks.
- Fluidity is important. Avoid saying phrases like, “Um,” “Uh,” “So,” repeatedly!
- Vocabulary. Use a range of vocabulary.
- We know you that a computer is recording your speech but think or visualize you are speaking to a friend or your English teacher.
- It’s just a test! Do not worry if you make mistakes, the examiners know that mistakes are unavoidable.
Hope this helps!
If you need to prepare the TOEFL, do not hesitate to contact our school at hiedracenters.com.